8oz Soy Candle
Our Soy Candles currently come in 10 different fragrance options: Afternoon Tea (fresh berries & a cup of tea) Coconut Beach (Coconut & Vanilla) Farmer's Market Peach (fresh peach nectar) Monkey Farts (fresh fruits & sweet bubblegum) Oh Honey! (oatmeal & honey) Seaside (ozone, palm, amber & teakwood) Sunshine (bright lemon verbena) Sweet Summer (watermelon & strawberries) Twisted Peppermint (Peppermint, Vanilla, sugar) Zen (white tea, jasmine & blue lotus) Why Soy Candles? Soy Wax is more Eco-friendly than Paraffin Wax, and supports American Soy Farmers. Carbon Neutral - Cleaner burn than Paraffin based candles. Soy wax burns without creating the soot or smoke unlike other Paraffin brands or soy blends. Soy wax is non-toxic and non-carcinogenic. It contains no pesticides or herbicides. Soy wax is an excellent choice for those who wish to burn more environmentally friendly candles. Soy wax burns cooler than paraffin wax, therefore increasing your candles life by burning for longer - up to 50% longer! Soy wax has a lower melt point so remember to keep your soy candle out of direct sunlight as this may cause it to 'sweat'. If this happens, remove your candle from the heat source and allow to cool. It will quickly return to its normal state. Soy wax tends to have a 'rustic' look after the melt pool has cooled. This is due to the natural makeup of the wax and in no way affects the way your candle will burn. Soy wax can be cleaned from surfaces with hot soap and water, but remember although it is bio-degradable, it is still wax! Avoid pouring down your drains. Each candle comes hand poured in an 8oz metal tin with a lid. Each Candle is made from scratch, by hand, in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Candle Care Instructions
Prior to your first use, make sure you have a block of 3-4 hours available for the candle to burn (while attended). This may not seem important, but it is the most important step!
01. Place your candle on a flat, flame retardant surface, away from drafts, children, pets, curtains, furniture, etc. Use common sense.
02. Light your candle.
03. When lighting your candle for the first time, and each time thereafter, allow the wax to melt all the way out to the diameter of the tin. Once the melted wax reaches the outer edge, allow it to melt until 1/4” deep. This is called a melt pool. This is also where all of that fragrant aroma is released. If you cannot smell the aroma, it means that the tin is too small for the area. Consider placing a couple candles in one room to increase it’s aromatic benefit.
Place candle on stable, flat surface to light
04. Keep your wick trimmed to 1/4”. Occasionally, mushrooming may occur. This is okay and simply means that there is a build up of carbon from burning for a longer period or perhaps a draft. After the candle is extinguished, allow wick to harden and carefully trim to 1/4”.
06. Keep your candle protected from extreme heat. Should your candle sweat or melt, allow to harden and then use as usual.
07. Discard your candle once the remaining wax reaches 1/2” deep.
Soy has memory. If your candle is extinguished prior to allowing a full melt pool, all future melt pools will not go past the first one. Keep the wick trimmed to approximately 1/4”. Never leave a burning candle unattended or within reach of flammable objects, children or pets. Do not burn more than 4 hours. When 1/2” wax remains, discontinue use. Clean the tin with warm, soapy water, allow to dry and reuse.
SHIPPING & HEAT SENSITIVITY
Here at The Paper Rose Soapery we do everything we can to ensure that your wax goods arrive to you perfectly in the hot Summer months. USPS will not reinburse for melted wax products, with that in mind, please understand that The Paper Rose Soapery will not be held liable for melted products. Please know that you are ordering at your own risk. It is also a good idea to make sure someone is home to receive your order to avoid it sitting outside for an extended time.